Old 10-01-2012, 02:57 PM
block30
Bracing for Fallacies

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: In favor of good things, not in favor of bad things

Originally Posted by AA3mFreqFl View Post
Welcome to America year 2012. Ever since 2001 that seems to be true. Just keep in mind that the rest of us have also had a ****ty time out here in the real world. I would expect that as your profession gets 'commoditized' your real earnings drop. As it has for the rest of us. At least your job (the pilot) cannot be outsourced to India. You should be greatful.

And yes, some creeps in management will in fact make out like bandits. They always will. But to think that would NOT happen with different management? That's what's delusional in this action.

Clearly AA management has failed to build any team spirit. But this action probably just simply ensures the whole airline goes down in flames. If so - good job pilots. Now you are going to make me fly US Air instead... Gosh darn it!
Whoa!!! This job is *totally* outsourced in many ways; look at how many regionals slit each other's throats for Delta flying (just for example). American wants to do the same. It's called a whip saw.

Plus, don't think for one second our jobs cannot be outsourced to foreign pilots, or that people don't come here to take US pilot jobs. I know several non-US citizens who have come here to fly.

The piloting world is not some safe island where everything is great and secure!