Old 10-01-2012, 03:17 PM
AA3mFreqFl
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2012

Originally Posted by fullflank View Post
I know you think I was making a snide remark earlier, but again; I believe this is the basis of your position on this entire issue. You must understand, AA pilots have a bit more important issues, to them, going on right now then to worry about your FF program. These guys just lost their pensions and took HUGE paycuts and work rule concessions. Now here you are with "I don't wanna fly US Air so you guys better knock it off". Get real.
LOL. I think YOU misunderstand. If I don't think your airline (presuming you work for AA that is) provides good service for frequent fliers then YOU (or AA employees) will be laid off in the future, because you LOSE revenues.

So it's not about MY (personal) FF program status. It's about AA's ability to attract valuable customers. And REALLY valuable ones at that. If you are a pilot, and you DON'T care about your FF customers, THEN you are delusional, and are missing the whole point of how to run an airline.

I am at the end of my FF days (hopefully) - BUT - future customers may not be as loyal to AA if after a merger with US Air they abandon the new combined airline, just as we ran away from US Air the second we had a better option (AA).

So my original take stands. You the pilot must care about your customer. Who gives a 'sxxx' about management. It will always be there. But what truly matters is what your customers decide to do.

Or put a different way, you can negotiate the best benefits on the planet. And if you customers run away, then you will have 10 pilots enjoying those benefits.

Truly trying to leave now...