View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 08:05 PM
FlyerJosh
Chief Jeppesen Updater

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Executive Transport Driver

I flew AA this weekend. Both flights were late due to MX. FAon first flight commented aloud in middle of cabin, "I'm so tired of these ******* BS delays". Turns out some placards needed replaced on two tray tables in the cabin. Took 45 minutes.

Next delay the evac slide apparently "fell off the door". Delayed 40 min then took another 20 min to get off the gate AFTER door had been closed and jetbridge pushed back. (No flow either). The best part of that delay was when the crew commented about it being a "real maintenance issue that needed addressed"- over the PA.

Fight or not, WHAT the paying passengers PERCEIVE, is what has a huge impact on the long term viability of the company.

What I can tell you is that until I see some reason to change, this will be the last trip I take on AA and I'm making the recommendation we don't position crew on the airline either.

You guys deserve a fair wage, respect, and a contract/negotiations process that isn't all jacked up, but when a passenger shells out hundreds or thousands of dollars, the likewise expect that flights will arrive and operate accordingly.