View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 08:26 PM
FlyerJosh
Chief Jeppesen Updater

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Executive Transport Driver

Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
No doubt. I would recommend that you communicate to AMR management that they get their maintenance in order.

Hog
Trust me. I'm not going to waste my time writing a letter to anybody to complain about their service, simply because it's not worth my time or effort. The majority of customers won't either:

I'm a nice customer.* All merchants know me.* I'm the one who never complains no matter what kind of service I get.

When I go to the store to buy something I don't throw my weight around.* I try to be thoughtful of the other person.* If I get a snooty clerk who gets nettled because I want to look at several things before I make up my mind, I'm as polite as can be;* I don't believe rudeness in return is the answer.

I never kick, complain, or criticize, and I wouldn't dream of making a scene as I've seen people doing in public places.* No I'm the nice customer, but I'm also the nice customer that never comes back!

That's my little revenge for being abused and taking whatever you hand out, because I know I'm not coming back.* This way doesn't immediately relieve my feelings, but in the long run it's far more satisfying than blowing my top.

In fact, a nice customer like myself, multiplied by others of my kind, can ruin a business.* And there are a lot of nice people just like me.* When we get pushed far enough, we go to another store where they appreciate nice customers.

He laughs best, they say, who laughs last!* l laugh when I see you frantically advertising to get me back, when you could have kept me in the first place with a few kind words and a smile.

Your business might be in a different town and your situation might be "different", but if your business is bad, chances are good that if you will change your attitude the word will get around and I'll change from the nice customer who never comes back to the nice customer who always comes back -- and brings his friends.

-- Anonymous