View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 05:11 AM
DC8DRIVER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 747

Originally Posted by amhess View Post
I am about half way through my journey through this thread (although I occasionally jump ahead to the end). Atlas seems like a very cool job. I sent in my resume/PAQ about a month ago, and updated it last week. How soon can I expect a call, if I'm going to get one? I'm a former military guy, currently a regional FO, with about 3700 total time, 1400 PIC (all military). I've seen it posted on here that guys get hired with less time than me, but also a whole lot more. Realistically, what are my chances?
You will get the call in nine days; sometime after lunch and your chances of getting hired are seventy-eight percent. Hope this helps.

And as far as deadheading, international is NOT always in business class. Ninety percent of MY deadheads are on an Atlas plane - or as I like to tell my non-pilot friends, they send the company plane to pick me up. Although you don't get any airline miles, it turns out that avoiding the pax terminal and having your own airborne suite without crowds and old, mean FA's is kinda nice!