View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 04:45 PM
johnso29

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Wow! Thats kinda tough to give you advice on. Where do you live? Are you willing to commute? If not, are you willing to relocate? Eagle has fairly widespread pilot domiciles, but upgrade has been very slow.(6 yrs) Republic aka Chautaqua aka Shuttle America is going to hire a lot this year and they have fairly widespread domiciles as well. ExpressJet is hiring, some shy away for the uncertainty of the branded flying. But they now have an Ontario, CA base as well as a San Antonio base and Houston for the Continental side of flying. I believe Pinnacle is hiring, but you're stuck with Detroit or Minneapolis. Mesaba is hiring and getting some new airplanes, but again I think your only option there is Minneapolis. There are many things you must consider. Upgrades are probably quickest at Skywest. I think the Brasilia is 6-8 months and 1.5 to 2 yrs for the jet..don't know for sure. Chautaqua and ExpressJet are probably the next, right around 2 years for the jet. Do you want to stay at the regional, you need to consider QOL. Look into work rules, pay, pay protection, commuter clauses, vacation, Leaves of Absence, etc. So many things that you have to consider. I would start with looking for somewhere close to home. Life is great if you don't have to commute. It gives you more flexibility on the schedules you can bid, and gives you a better chance of being home more. After that, upgrade time and pay. Hope this helps.