View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 05:05 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by cheyennedrvr View Post
Seat, why? can you give me any details?

John, I live in New Mexico, so I would have to move or commute. How does one go about research work rules, etc?

Would I have a chance being hired as a street CA without 121 exp?

Thanks again
If you live in a small town, you would probably want to move, unless you can easily drive to ABQ, Santa Fe, TUS, or PHX. Small town air service (especially EAS) is not reliable enough for a commuter.

In the west, SKW, Eagle, Mesa, and horizon are the options (XJet is moving in to ONT and LAX)...you've already ruled out mesa (good thinking), and commuting to/from the pac-NW is brutal so I wouldn't consider horizon unless you want to move. Also if you're doing this soley to enhance your prospects with a major, you want to consider upgrade time.

There are a few opportunities for street captain, but they only exist at companies where the FO's refuse to stick around for more than a few months (ie mesa)...so the QOL is probably in the "living nightmare" range. You would likely be operating very small turbo-props, which might not be as attractive to some majors as RJ experience (SWA and CAL frequently hire folks with only T-prop time, and I'm sure others will also).