View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 06:08 AM
NoWake200
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: At the Blue Line

You'll be surprised how quickly it all comes back and two years in my opinion is not a long time. But those who will be reading your resume′ it will look like a lifetime unfortunately.

You mentioned 91 flying, that is a broad area from C-310s to 737s. What I have learned from all the job applications I have filled out over the years is there's always some kind of "experience" I didn't have. Recently I filed out an application for a local Fort500 company to fly a Gulfstream as a First Officer. I had three times the time required and all the "required" experience. But then there is always the "preferred" experience like time in type and previously working with a particular avionics set up. So those boxes are checked "NO" and my best guess is the computer program never allowed my info to be seen by those looking. 91 flying is equivalent to being drafted in the NFL, one player for one position. But in the world of football recruiters at least have the opportunity to watch you preform, access to your performance records as well as inviting you to camp to demonstrate your abilities.

It might not sound like a great idea, but the easiest way to get current again is to flight instruct along with getting a fresh IPC. Many of the Regionals are hiring pilots out of flight schools and in fact the school I work for part time has lost several to Go Jets. The Regionals should not have a problem hiring you if you are flight instructing to stay current, just a thought and with your time and experience they'd be fools not to.

Hope this helps and best of luck.