View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 06:30 AM
RedeyeAV8r
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by JollyF15 View Post
So I guess it was just luck of the draw that I got hired by FedEx and you are flying MD-11's at Gemini doing the "same job" making less money? I'm sure that's it. It had nothing to do with 21 years of experience, four year degree in Engineering, a Masters ----Bla Bla Bla. I really don't think you want the entire resume'. I'm sure it was purely an accident that I'm where I am, and you're where you are.
You have a serious chip on your shoulder my friend. I suggest you lose it because life's too short to be ****ed off at the world. Is it really all about the money? Because that's all I'm getting from you, other than we derserve as much respect as a Doctor.

I'll say it again. This is a great job and profession. I really enjoy my job--is it as much fun and as rewarding as Flying Eagles? Hell No, and it never will be. But hell, I really would have done it for beer money. The reason wages are so low at most places right now is becasue some pilots are willing to fly for penies on the dollar. Period, Dot, End-Of-Statement.
Don't pat yourself too much on the Back Jolly. You are currently lucky and that degree in Engineering had nothing to do with it, except maybe if you are a "Ring Knocker", which is only worth the contacts you have here at FedEx.

I suppose you think we should do away with the Seniority system and promotions should be by merit..........(or who you know?)

FedEx is My third airline. At the Time, the 2 previous airlines were "The Place to work"! and I counted myself Lucky there too. Don't be arrogant enough to think things can't go south here.......Positively overnight!