View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 07:22 AM
bozobigtop
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2009
Position: Left seat of a Jet

Originally Posted by Bellanca View Post
I'm with ChrisReed on this one.

I have a mostly part 61 background and I currently instruct at a University, and I don't know how the students at the University are any more qualified than a lot of people coming out of the 61 world.

They are very sheltered, most of them graduate from our program without flying through a cloud, they have a limited number of airports they are allowed to go to, the longest cross country they ever get to go on is 250 nm one for commercial (and our school is talking about changing that so they don't actually go 250 nm from our home airport), they aren't allowed to file IFR for solo flights, we go to ridiculous lengths of hand-holding and spoon-feeding when they are not doing well, and the list goes on.
Single pilot 135 freight will cure many of those ailments you speak of as well as make a man or woman out of you, and put hair on your chest. You will have to live through the experience of course. I would not trade my 135 freight experience for anything because the experience has really helped my overall aviation experience. Peace!