Thread: New Pay Scale
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 12:01 PM
datake
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2011

Originally Posted by iahflyr View Post
Those are almost exactly what I was predicting. Rates basically inline with our biggest competitor.

I am a big supporter of pay banding. I think it makes our company more competitive, while still paying us what we deserve. Where the company is able to save is in training costs, which can be steep.

During this contract period, all Captains should have no problems earning 200K or more and all FO's (except for first years) should have no problem earning 100K or more. I can't complain about this.

I'll complain too! That's a very general way of thinking. I hope the leaked pay rates are incorrect! Anything that is a penny less than Delta's 2013 rates is a NO for me. Just FYI, a Sim Instructor contracting for Boeing overseas earns a minimum monthly guarantee of $650/day x 70% of the month plus $100/day per diem. That equals over $17k/month as a Sim Instructor!!! Most earn way more. Domestically a sim instructor can easily earn 10k-15k/month. Gee let's see-No FAA medical required, no line checks, no fatigue, no passengers and you work about 3 to 5 hours a day. There's definitely something terribly wrong with US airline pilot pay rates!