Old 10-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Muredhawk
Down 4 Green Lights

Joined APC: May 2012
Position: MD-11 FO

Originally Posted by IrishFlyer757 View Post
Define for me the following:

1. How do you get disciplined?
2. 1200 dual given at USAA or does prior dual count?
3. What is the pay scale like again? I know it has to do with dual hours given. Is there a ground rate and a flight rate?
4. What is on the opposite side from the contract chinese side?
5. If you fly 100 hours/month how much ground will you do and is all that paid?

A couple general questions:
1. How hard does the language barrier make it to instruct there?
2. Are they part 141 or part 61?
3. If you got into the Cae Simuflite Right Seat Support program at DFW, would you have any spare time to actually go fly the sim support sessions?

Thanks!
1. All depends on the infraction... General is the three strike rule goes verbal to written warning to termination. Strikes will go down over time.
2. 1200 w/ company but that is just an of the hip answer. The number of KA pilots is so few that its really hard to answer this. We all have had varying times for KA upgrade.
3. Payscale goes from 15-21 in 2$ increments. King air is 25$ everything is the same rate.
4.The other side is international and domestic 61 or 141 training.
5. It depends on the student the load. About the average number that pops in mind with 100hrs flying is about 150-170 billed total (counting flying).

General q's
1. The language barrier although it isn't bad after experience, it's by far the hardest thing I've ever done. But the Chinese guys always show up and don't cancel. So by far more consistent on the month to month pay.
2. Chinese is all 141 and the other side is a mix of 141 and 61.
3. I can think of 5 or 6 guys who do outside right seat sim support programs from both sides. It has generally not been a problem.

Sorry for the delay, I didn't see the updates
Hope this answers some q's!