View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 10:10 PM
80ktsClamp
Da Hudge

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Poodle Whisperer

Originally Posted by FAULTPUSH View Post
I should have said that a junior 737 captain didn't go ahead of a junior 747 captain.

I agree with the last paragraph. In our SLI, the bottom end of the captain list comprises junior E145 captains and junior A320 captains (the E145 captains have about 2 years less longevity at RAH than the A320 captains have at F9).
People bid what they want and get what they bid... The key is looking at theoretical stovepipe with some reference to advancement. Junior 737 captain is actually way junior to senior 737 FO as things work out on the list, because some value control of schedule above all else. Junior 747 captain runs surprisingly close to the top 737 FO in the company! These are statistical outliers though, which is why a theoretical list is where a good(for lack of a better term) SLI is made.

I believe the makeup of your list was wrong... I don't know what the arbiter was thinking, but it was out of line of other SLI's. Nicolau looks like a benevolent genius compared to what they came up with in your case.