Thread: Lookin' good!
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Papoo
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: 777-300ER Right

Correct, but I'm pretty sure that, by virtue of the fact that you're still alive, you know what the OPs point was.

Now that we're encouraged/forced etc to wear the hat, we may resent it a little. Perhaps see it as pointless, dated, etc. That said, when travelling on a legacy, the general public (who pay our bills), like to see pressed trousers, fitted blazer, shiny shoes and the hat. They just do. I, too (when I'm not at work), do like to see the professionally turned-out crews. I understand that the last thing we care about when leaving an 18 hour work day behind, is the paraphernalia, but I feel it is always in our best interests to garner whatever favour from the travelling public whenever we can.

Backpacks, weird 'modern' facial hair, unpressed pants, iPods, and shirts coming untucked just make us look like blue-collar button pushers, who don't deserve the food-stamps we may be entitled to. It's all utter turd when it comes down to the operation, but a little effort can help us all out.

Harsh but true, comrades. I'm generally in support of advocating anything that puts us in the right light amongst the public. We need all the help we can get.