View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 07:50 PM
afterburn81
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: A320

Originally Posted by JustAnotherPLT View Post
Ive never been harassed by a scheduler. "I'm calling in sick for my trip, thank you." Done! Never been asked questions. As for the letters, no big deal, it's when you have to meet with someone that it matters.

Continuously running year:
4 "warning" letter -useless
5 Chief pilot meeting
6 Board meeting

Delta is able to see your record due to a Georgia law that I'm not familiar with. All others can ask but your current employer is not suppose to give out that information.
I'm sure the harassment is a case by case basis. Not always but I have had issues.

As far as absences and record keeping I haven't a clue what the legalities are but there is something that has a little weight on these "occurrences". I had a talk with a chief pilot that can't stress enough how much Delta specifically looks into this. Again, I have no clue what is supposed to happen but the company likes to threaten you when you call in sick. I have seen it.

Now the FA's, that's another story. Those guys get fired for calling in all the time. Which I can't for the life of me understand how that hasn't become a lawsuit or something. It's like position discrimination. They fire at will with the FA's but pilots have never really had an issue.