Thread: Logging 135 PIC
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 03:02 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by cantwin View Post
"real PIC" ... come on man... What is he going to say on an interview: "well, over here is real PIC, and over here is my fake PIC."

If you are not the true decision maker on the aircraft, you are the SIC. I don't care what you get out of the FAR's - sole manipulator or not. If you're flying and the **** hits the fan, your captain will be in control and his decision is final... That does not qualify you as PIC in my book.

If you interview with somebody and you say you have 500 hours PIC, and They call your employer and he/she says you are the SIC... you're not getting the job and you just wasted everybody's time.

Also, you can't serve as PIC unless you do a line check anyhow. (135.299). No SIC gets a line check as a PIC, at least not at any company I've been at.

KISS - keep it simple stupid. (For the record- that's just a saying, I'm not really calling you stupid).

Best of luck!
No - you are giving an opinion - one that is shared by many employers - but that doesn't make your (or their) version of what constitutes PIC time - the REGULATIONS define PIC.

Also, you can't serve as PIC unless you do a line check anyhow. (135.299). No SIC gets a line check as a PIC, at least not at any company I've been at.
I do at my job.

NGDI nailed the difference between regulations and hiring requirements. It is that simple. Now let's all just wait for the next thread to start and ask the same question in less than a week

USMCFLYR