View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 01:53 PM
rotorhead1026
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: The Far Side

Originally Posted by chazbird View Post
I flew for KFA and I while I was there I thought: the equipment was good to excellent (mostly new) and very well maintained; The service was very good to sometimes excellent; Most of the time we were on time. We had high load factors, and for awhile either carried the highest percentage of pax in the country or were consistently the second highest, and people seemed to like flying on "us". How they did this I do not know because behind the scenes it was absolute chaos! (And I've been/lived in India before, this was unique even for what's normal there) However, the company bled money all the time. Some say the Deccan merger was the reason, or the this or that, but with the loads we carried I couldn't help thinking maybe there was some high level siphoning.
Chaz, they just weren't charging enough, especially to support that level of service. They were already in trouble when they picked up Deccan; they DID pay way too much for that operation.

I'm glad you posted. Whatever KFA's financial problems, I heard nothing bad about safety or maintenance. The times I flew them service was good. That may well have changed in the last year or so.

I knew a couple of people who left Spice because KFA paid a lot more. Most of the youngsters assumed the beer company would cover the airline's red ink. Very naive ... and I warned 'em.