View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 12:16 PM
gcpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2012
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Madridista View Post
Hello,

My goal is to work for a foreign airlines, but I don't know any foreign airlines that hires FAA-based pilots. I am trying so hard to bypass the regionals in America. Is that possible?

Thanks!
You will have to make choices based on your target airlines/countries/region. If you want to fly for airlines like Emirates, they REQUIRE you that you have some 121 experience while other airlines don't care much where you come from. Freighters have hired 121 pilots but very few airlines will hire into the passenger side of flying without any 121 experience.

From people on different forums I have known that it is almost impossible to fly for Qantas if you do not have Permanent Residency. Maybe you can try for second officer program with Cathay but the time to command will be VERY long based on current situations going on.

I am no expert by any means but I have done a lot of reading on different forums and have had the opportunity to know about foreign airlines through some very committed and supportive members of this forum.

Lots of good reading on "foreign" section of this forum and very good honest people that will sure put some light on the matter.

Good luck anyway!