View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 09:11 AM
Probe
Don't say Guppy

Joined APC: Dec 2010
Position: Guppy driver

I voted no for everything UAL ALPA ever presented me with since I was hired in 95. I won't get to vote this time as I am a vol furlough. I would be inclined to vote yes this time for one reason - right now we are held prisoner, not by the company, but by ourselves. The sooner we get a JCBA and and SLI, the sooner we can move forward, and plan our lives.

The most contentious thing is scope, and for good reason. ALPA screwed the pooch 15 years ago on this. We could have negotiated to fly them, at lower rates than a 737, but we refused. The result? We created more, smaller seniority lists, in effect we "divided and conquered" ourselves. Management had to have wet themselves.

The 50 seaters are history. They were never efficient. With "scope" we can negotiate to fly them on our list, or let the company outsource. Flying a 76 seater is a business decision that we have no control over. We do get to control weather we fly them or not.

No 76 or 90 seaters? That is not our choice. We do get to negoitiate whether we fly them or not.

You didn't come to UCAL to fly an RJ? Too bad, so sad. You can put your resume out to other airlines if you are too good to fly a smaller aircraft. I actually heard a bunch of senior turds back in the late 90's demanding they put 777's in bases with more senior pilots because they deserved it. Not that it made any sense, schedule wise.

But until we have a JCBA and SLI, we are our own worst enemy. Smallsack has to be hurting himself laughing at all the retarded infighting we are doing. Right now he is not the enemy, WE are.

We have seen the enemy, and it is US.