View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Bobine
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Originally Posted by Mitch Rapp05 View Post
One cornerstone has been leaked (Compensation), Retro pay is no longer on the table, and multiple reps have confirmed that scope is worse than current CAL and similar to Delta's. That is more than enough for me to vote NO! The entire concept of having four cornerstones means those four sections take priority and they must each be industry leading. Two out of the four have proven to be sorely lacking. For that reason (and no retro) there is no need to even see the rest of the TA to decide on my vote.

More importantly, we must understand that the when the company needs a contract they will pay up. I believe that that time is now, meaning if we reject this insult of a TA we should see a more realistic counter from the company soon thereafter.

What is everyone else thinking? Respectfully, if you are still undecided please explain. Thanks.
What makes you think the company "Needs" this contract? USAir pilots said that some 7+ years ago. UAL can continue to operate the two airlines separately. They may not have all the synergies, but they'll be laughing all the way to the bank, and the managers WILL get their bonuses. Most of the passengers don't know if they are on a CAL or UAL aircraft.

As for voting YES or NO, please read the ENTIRE document before casting a vote. You can't go by the rumors that are out there now. The Rep's haven't seen the document, so by going in and blindly voting either way without reading it we'll have to assume that you are related to Nancy Pelosi.