View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 06:01 AM
Mitch Rapp05
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2012

For those of you that believe this TA could still be acceptable (even with the two cornerstones already revealed being substandard). I compare this to buying a new car. You've seen the outside and it's scratched and dented. Why even open the hood? Section 3 is not good. More importantly though, we are giving up scope and retro! For the past twelve years pilots have preached and preached about how management duped them with 50 and 70 seat scope but NEVER AGAIN! Now that we know scope has been relaxed, I'm hearing a bunch off excuses and how we have to see the entire TA! We cannot let management, the NMB, or even ALPA force us into another 10 years of outsourcing and further degrade our careers. I see and hear a lot of fear and defeatist attitudes.

Guys if you want to return this career to what it should be then it will take a little pain and inconvenience. If it means another 6 months or more of negotiations then so be it!!! If it means we are put on ice then who cares. I am not going to waste the past five years of living under POS '02 by lowering my already reasonable standards because I'm scared that the NMB will get angry, or that management will (fill in the blank)...etc. Just like every other contract negotiation there will always be excuses to lower our standards and accept something we never would have accepted before. That's how we got here in the first place! We need to look back at all the tough guy talk of the past 12 years and actually walk the walk. Industry Leading TA in each cornerstone or vote NO!!!