Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 09:25 AM
CRJAV8OR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: 737 F.O.

Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Now...what about the Tool Capt, who has to touch every single switch while the F/O reads the before start ckecklist? He's not moving the switch mind you, everything is done, but his hand is up on the overhead touching every switch, as the F/O reads the list...oh, and really I love it when he slams his hand down on the throttles (thrust levers) and shouts: "Idle"!

Brilliant! You sure showed them who's boss! I'm waiting for the day the knobs just snap off!

I jumpseat to/from work, so I get to see this once in a while, luckily not too often, but still...give it a rest man! Can you not just use your eyeballs to see that the switches are in the correct possitions?
The Captain that is always one step ahead of the checklist items and touching the the next switch on the list before it is read distracts me. I am actually trying to visually verify switch position without touching them all and the fact that you are constantly one step ahead of the list as it is read is extremely distracting to me trying to do my portion of the job.