View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 06:11 AM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by b73nav8r View Post
I'm a Delta guy so from the outside looking in I have the utmost respect for the battle that the American Pilots are fighting! I applaud your efforts not to roll over even after management threw out your contract. I hope you are able to achieve all of your goals.

That said, our contract is amendable in 2016. Just over 3 years away. My humble advice is to stand strong on the scope issue. We let that proverbial cork out of the bottle many years ago and can't seem to get it back in. All we were able to do is limit the airframes to a hard cap and 76 seats. Don't let management have anything over 76 seats. EVER. You'll NEVER get it back!

If you were able to get management to beg you to come back to the table after your recent unofficial "slowdown/fly safe" campaign, (whatever you want to call it), then you have the power to hold the line on this and other things too. They need you more than they need anything else. They can't proceed without the pilots. Stay strong and the beers on me if I see you in the bar!

Maybe you've already seen it but I've attached our TA roadshow link on youtube for your review. Hope it helps.

Frats
Tom

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y2Sh8uaANI&feature=youtu.be compensation video

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wx7d93B9GM&feature=youtu.be scope video

Agreed that scope and especially the codesharing abilities of AMR are most critical and seem to be the least addressed. AMR wants to outsource as much of AA as possible and seeks multiple ways to do that. First with large RJ's as "regional feed" (now a ridiculous claim) and second by using other carriers as One World codeshares. Hawaiian I can understand, but Alaska flying should be done by AA expansion. The worst offender by far is the "open" codeshare that can be 50% of our ASM's by ANYONE.

Many of us have "ideas" of who that will ultimately be, but for me that's a NO vote right there plain and simple even if I was still open-minded. As it stands now, from many I talk to, we're headed for another TA rejection based on many of the issues and this is #1 with the pay rates a close second. If the BOD hands the pilots another dud, it will have severe consequences for those on the BOD that agree to accept that IMO. I think this whole thing is going to get a lot messier before it gets cleaner.

Last edited by eaglefly; 11-06-2012 at 06:30 AM.