Thread: New Pay Scale
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 05:41 PM
krudawg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: 747 Captain, retired

Originally Posted by Regularguy View Post
You know I'm at the point where I really don't care about those who want to be tired and worn out all the time by flying 100+ hours with lousy duty rigs. I simply don't do those things.

Now I see a major problem with the philosophy of these 100 hour pilots. From what I hear the senior pilots use this feature and the annual CAL voluntary reduced flying months to maximize their pay, all while the junior reserve pilots are getting abused and flown into the ground.

So is it right for a small group of pilots to be able to fly 100 hours of pay and then take the easy months off, compensating by the high time months, while a larger majority of the pilots have to be abused by the work rules (especially reserves)?
Ah, the quick answer is YES. That's what seniority is all about. Try flying at a non-union operation. Upgrades are selected by the "best" pilots which can be superceded by a drop-dead beautiful female who was hired after everyone else (actual event). Or you are passed over by another recent new-hire because he has a better "attitude". Seniority sucks when you are junior but becomes more enjoyable as you move up.