View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Engineer413
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: Cessna 172
Default Tough decision... Engineering vs. Pilot

I've been going to a community college for engineering where I would acquire my 2 year degree in the spring. Then comes the big decision in the spring... What to pursue after that. Now I've been looking into continuing my engineering degree at a 4 year college such as UMass where I would take mechanical engineering or RPI for aerospace engineering. Or take another route and go to bridgewater state or another possible college for aviation management or science. It's a tough choice because I always dreamed of becoming a pilot and it seems more and more I couldn't picture myself behind a desk but rather in the air. The good news is I would have an engineering degree going into it. Mechanical engineering would be the safe route but I feel like aviation would be much more rewarding for me. First post and I was just asking for some advice and I figured not a better place but here! I already work in the industry at a machine shop and we are currently producing some aircraft parts. So here's the big question... Manufacture planes, fly planes, design planes, or get into air traffic controlling... Either way aviation is my passion and I'm not to sure what way to go about my passion.

Thanks!