View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 06:44 PM
oldmako
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: The GF of FUPM

Syd,

Likewise on the compliment and thank you. It's nice to read both sides of the story because I believe that perspective is essential. I've worn the pin for 26 years, yet I'm among the most junior pilots at UAL. I'll probably never see the 777. But hey, I dig the bus!

I wish that I could list all the injustices laid upon the furloughed guys dating back to 911, but I don't have the memory or the list. How about the bond distribution? Or, the the no furlough clause which evaporated like a fart in the wind? Many other ALPA carriers fought for longevity for their furloughed pilots, DAL included. But not us. There have been several instances in which ALPA could have tossed the the furloughees a bone, yet didn't. Almost like a dollar bill on the end of a string trick. I certainly don't mean to start a Senior vs. Junior spat, only to point out that their union has let them down, time and again. And at UAL, the union has pretty much been run by and for the senior crowd ever since I've been here. Injustices repeated decade in and decade out do not validate them. But they will shape the attitude and the backbone of the recipient. The industry has undergone fundamental change, yet ALPA keeps swinging at the same old pinata while we get raked over the coals by management.

Yes, the senior guys really got hosed by ESOP, by Wolfe and then Tilton. I would be seething if I were you.

My beef is with ALPA and the guys in the left seat who could have used their positions to help move us forward, yet chose to hide under their desks like kids in the old "duck and cover" videos from the 60's. Based on your comments here, I'm pretty sure you're not one of them.

There was a post on the old 2172 forum written by S.S which listed all the times they had been let down. Unfortunately I didn't save it. It would have been handy tonight.

Alas, this horse is near death and the Heinekens are cold and satisfying so I am going to light up an imitation Punch Chateau L and listen to some Hendrix.

Frats.