View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Probe
Don't say Guppy

Joined APC: Dec 2010
Position: Guppy driver

So who is really to blame for the shafting the UAL furloughees? I am not so sure.

If we agree to cut their longevity to affect the SLI, and the contract is ratified, that means, at least to me, that both UAL and CAL pilots agree that longevity (or DOH for most of us) is an important discriminator for the SLI, that both agree with. If that staples UAL furloughees, then, guess what, All CAL pilots hired after 99-01 would probably be stapled BELOW all UAL pilots hired before that time.

While the bottom CAL pilots would be above all of our furloughees dated back to 99-01, those same pilots would have to be stapled below all UAL pilots hired before that date. I can't see any arbitrator that would use longevity to on one part of the list, but then use relative seniority on another part of the list.

If this is the case, then JH is to blame not JP, and the bottom 2/3 of the CAL list might end up stapled below the current active UAL list. Maybe JH outmaneuvered JP, and JP wasn't smart enough to realize it.

Just an opinion.