View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 08:30 PM
kingsnake2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2012

Originally Posted by TurbineTime View Post
For those interested in USAA, I'm one of 8 new hires who just finished standards week in Denton this week. From what i've been able to see so far, this place is great for those looking to build time fast! The language barrier on either side (contract/international) looks pretty intense but i'll be treating it as a learning experience. Instructors here fly a LOT, i think the average we were told was 100 a month. Standards was fast paced and informative, I feel prepared after a week of class work. They do appear to be hurting for instructors due to the amount of instructors leaving(built time and moved on)/ and the amount of students coming in. I'm pretty sure they had students assigned to all of us the day we got here, just had to pass through stans/written/checkout flight. Overall, seems like a good place to be(disclaimer: again, i'm a new hire) but the staff seems very chill, instructors build time fast, and you get your eyes opened by flying around the dallas/ft.worth bravo with students whose english skills may be (are) questionable. Ill post an update when i've been here a little longer and have become properly jaded.
Thanks for posting! I hope you have a great experience at USAA.