Old 11-19-2012, 01:46 PM
PilotAnalyst
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2012
Default Trying To Accumulate Fleet Staffing Numbers

I hope the title is somewhat self explanatory. I am trying to get a feel of average fleet staffing i.e. number of pilots for 737's vs 777 etc across as many airlines and fleet types as possible. The type of flying done by aircraft type is actually very similar. For example, its rare if not impossible to see 747's flying only domestic, and 737's only flying super long haul.

Right now the current staffing model on audriesaircraftanalysis is built upon current average pilot/aircraft ratio's. Unfortunately, their is some error in the model particularly with places like Delta that might be slightly overstaffed, and the current average pilot/aircraft ratio hides this.

If we could start putting together what a standard efficient staffing level was per aircraft we could begin to model more accurately current and short term future staffing at these airlines. We could even begin to say what airlines look fat and which ones look lean, even though someone flying there might have just as good an idea. The good news is the site could at least put some numbers to it.