View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 12:25 PM
CleCapt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2012

Originally Posted by Airhoss View Post
My apologies to the pilots of L-CAL.... I simply feeling like I've got no one representing me. I can't believe that the L-UAL MEC approved this crop of sh!t. And it angers me that the CAL MEC (or so I'm told by my LEC rep) insisted on it.

Here's the crux of it. In this agreement our furloughees are not only NOT getting time for longevity they are losing time that they actually spent on property flying for UAL while CAl guys get full furlough credit no penalty, how is that fair?

If this is any indication of how the ISL is going to go down then a guy like me with almost 16 years seniority will starting over as almost a new hire at almost 50 years old with tons of younger guys senior to me...Tilt..Career over.... Not good for me or thousands of guys in my general seniority/ age range.
Not trying to add fuel to the fire, but why should your current age have anything to do with seniority. If you finished a military career and jumped at a job in the airlines at 50, as a new hire, could you complain that you are 50 and wont make Captain?

However, that being said, I agree that the UAL furloughed pilots should get FULL longevity in the TA as far as pay and benefits. The arbitrator will have to figure out the seniority list.

Simple, VOTE NO! What are the YES voters afraid of?