View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Airhoss
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Sleeping in the black swan’s nest.

Originally Posted by CleCapt View Post
Not trying to add fuel to the fire, but why should your current age have anything to do with seniority. If you finished a military career and jumped at a job in the airlines at 50, as a new hire, could you complain that you are 50 and wont make Captain?

However, that being said, I agree that the UAL furloughed pilots should get FULL longevity in the TA as far as pay and benefits. The arbitrator will have to figure out the seniority list.

Simple, VOTE NO! What are the YES voters afraid of?
Ahh but I didn't complete a military career with the full benefits thereof before going to UAL. I was hired at UAL at age 29 and have held captain here before. So there is not any "won't make captain" about it already been there and done that.

Plain and simple a straight relative seniority mix is a massive and unfair windfall for the CAL guys. A straight DOH mix is a massive and unfair windfall for the UAL guys. There needs to be some kind of a equitable split and mix of both. It's the only way.

And to the guy who says I don't have 16 years of seniority. WRONG I have 16 years seniority and longevity without any furlough or other type of seniority diminishing leaves.