View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 05:40 AM
Moby Dick
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 36N15

Originally Posted by Herkulesdrvr View Post
Actually, not true. What he said is the truth, their pay was directly tied to JB narrow body pay. The facts are the facts, not sure how that can be disputed.
As they say, he is entitled to his own opinion. He is not entitled to his own facts.

Originally Posted by IQuitEagle View Post
OK, I'll write this one last time since you both misread what I posted. I am not arguing that the concessionary pay was not based on JB pay at the time. True enough. What I am saying is that if it wasn't JB, it would have been someone else, or they would have come up with another pay scale altogether.
Again, your argument is fallacious due to the fact that it WAS B6 pay that the judges imposed on UAL, LCC, and DAL. Another fact: DAL went into CH. 11 ONE DAY before the law changed to disallow unilateral impostion of pay rates and work rules.

Why? Because they wanted B6 narrowbody pay rates, that's why.

We as pilots are quick to blame one group of us or another for our ills. My point is that the notion that one group, airline, union/non-union, as the basis for our problems is misguided.
Again, not true. There is a DIRECT link between non-Union B6 pay rates and the yoke the industry has suffered under the last 7 to 8 years. Then along comes Virgin and Allegiant and lowers the bar even more. The upside for B6 pilots is it takes some of the blame away from you.

For the record, I would like to get a union on property here at JB. But I am tired of you blowhards continually saying how we are dragging the industry down by not having one. We are just dragging our own selves down.
Did you vote for a Union (any Union?) Are you willing to join the next organizing committee? If not then, its all just yakkity yak.

And, for the record, calling people names is where you have to go when your argument fails.