View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 05:42 AM
CousinEddie
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012

The total value of the contract as a whole lags Delta next year and exceeds it each year thereafter. If you really think that you can get a better deal by sending this thing back to the company and the NMB, go ahead. Thus far, UCH has been a tremendous disappointment in terms of financial and operational performance. If you think this outfit will do fine going forward with a cost structure significantly higher that that of the competition, good luck. I for one have little faith in any management ability to execute in this industry with a significant cost disadvantage in any area. The margins simply aren't there. IF we get a bunch more money injected into this thing to complete the cornerstones to your satisfaction, we can watch this outfit become an even slower and more lethargic competitor than it is now. I sure enjoyed UAL under the ESOP contract far more than I did under Contract 2000 (which lasted all of 2 years). I'll take a strong, competitive company with lots of movement over a weak, shrinking one any day. People forget than in the days before 9/11 UAL's loss estimates for 2001 were on track to exceed a billion dollars that year. 9/11 was simply a catalyst for the inevitable. If you believe this outfit can generate the "synergies" required to pay super premium contracts reference the competition, all I can say is been there done that. Good luck.