View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 09:52 AM
DirectLawOnly
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2012

Originally Posted by Coto Pilot View Post
The Delta contract has longevity and the company offereed CAL Delta +$1. They negotiated it away in the hopes of making a gain in the SLI. The twice furloughed United pilots are not getting longevity for time spent on furlough. We are not even getting credit for our "years of active service". They are treating us as CAL pilots in perptuity, even after the SLI and not giving us credit for the time we actively flew at United, much less for the time we flew at United + CAL and certainly not for our time on furlough. Our MEC has sold us out with the no furlough language, the bond distribution, the inclusion of this letter etc, do you think they are going to fight til the death for us now?

At the time Delta + $1 was offered there was no credit for furlough in the Delta contract except for a formula giving some NWA pilots, some partial credit, subject to conditions. It does appear in their new contract, same as our TA.

"Even after SLI......" You can't possible make this assertion unless you have in your possession the ISL in its final form. An example: if you have 15 years of longevity in all its forms (active UAL, furlough, etc.) and the next senior CAL pilot on the ISL has 16 years, you will get credit for your full 15. That is plainly clear from LOA 25.

As for a CAL pilot with less longevity being placed above you on the ISL, that is largely beyond the control of the parties to the JCBA. How can the CAL MEC, UAL MEC, or UCH management bind the arbitrator to a decision that is favorable to you? The answer is only a consensual agreement between the two MEC's on an ISL that gives you full credit for all longevity and places you above any CAL pilot with less longevity. In essence, straight date of hire. Believe me, I'm not opposed to that, but barring that you are at the mercy of the arbitrator's ruling.

Explain to me how you think a NO vote helps you achieve your goal of getting maximum credit for your accrued service and furlough time