View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Pakagecheck
trip trading freak

Joined APC: Oct 2010
Position: MD-11

Mo,
Don't let your grades get you down. Every unit has it's own personality and requirements, which vary as to the importance of each. The only way to find the edge is to fall off sometimes. I had a quarter in college where it was like the scene from Animal House, Deltas, have you seen your grades... Mr. Blutarsky - 0 point 0. Made for a nice ice breaker in the interview. The sq that hired me liked my work history, flying experience and I had strong afoqt scores. Better lucky than good. Realize, the pilots sitting on the boards, probably have done so for many years and will know in the first 10 minutes of the interview if you are what they are looking for. Someone they can go to war with, count on, hang out with, and perform up to their standards. Be persistent and realize if you don't apply, the answer will most definitely be no. Get the interview and then just be able to give a reasonable explanation to your grades. If for some reason, you don't get an interview where you would like, it is totally acceptable to call and ask what you could improve upon for the next board. Almost all will be very straight forward and tell you if it is your grades or your afoqt scores, etc. Get to the unit you are interested in, let them see your face and check in from time to time. Best of luck!
Pakage