View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 04:55 PM
MaxxPower
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2012

Originally Posted by kingairfun View Post
Agree 100%... Unless you have a tight connection , Turbo prop to a Legacy airline is very few and far between.....

Like another guy said, try Allegiant, Spirit, JB, VA........ more often than not they'll like the fact that although you have 1000 PIC your not hugely competative for a Legacy without some jet time... And if you don't hear from a Legacy right away, atleast your at a place you can eventually make pretty good money...

Worst case, try for a better regional where QOL/pay is a bit better than Lakes....with some jet time and 1000 PIC you'll be more competative.. 2000PIC in a 1900 is not much better than 2000 in a King Air these days.... It's very very competative out there..

Don't do it!! Regionals suck, everybody is at a regional and none of these guys are getting hired at mainline or anywhere else unless you know somebody. Fact is RJ flying is a cakewalk and creates very lazy and complacent pilots, HR depts know this and I think assign a greater weight to candidates who have truly earned there time through blood, sweat, tears and dirty underwear.

I am a recovering RJ FO of 5 years, I was lucky enough to get out and lots of doors have opened since. Do yourself a favor and don't follow the lemmings off the RJ cliff.