Old 12-06-2012, 07:07 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by pazziato View Post
A friend of mine who has just finished his Instrument training has just been charged with a gross-misdemeanor invasion of privacy charge. He is a great pilot with a flawless record besides this accusation. It is likely it will be lowered to a misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge. He wants to continue his training since he only has a few months left before he were to get his CFI. I know the guy well, he would be a great instructor or pilot. He just made a bad mistake. He is holed up at the moment, so I thought I would reach out and try to get a little advice from some of you about what he should expect career wise from this point.

Thanks.
Unfortunately while the airlines are often forgiving of young, stupid, HARMLESS behavior, this sounds (without knowing the deets) like very premeditated stalking/threatening/pervert behavior.

If it's the latter, he will be unemployable by airlines for as long as they know or can find out what transpired. No amount of pilot skills will ever overcome something like this, including a space shuttle type rating. If you think I'm kidding google Lisa Nowak...she won't be getting an airline job either.

Best advice would be plead it down and eventually try to get it expunged. Airlines are used to disorderly conduct, but that usually means drunk and/or urinating in public after a frat party. If this is what I think it is, it has to be buried for good, which may not be possible.

If you provide more details, we can try to make an educated guess.