Old 12-07-2012, 07:40 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by jbt1407 View Post
With all due respect Rickair7777, your incorrect. As I stated earlier, I personally witnessed someone falling under your category of "pervert behavior" land a job at a good regional. We were all shocked when we found out he was hired. Of course I personlly would not hire someone with this background, but the facts show there IS hope for this guy despite his stupid behavior.

I didn't say it couldn't happen, I said he had to bury the incident very deeply.

"Pervert behavior" will not keep you from getting a job unless there is a conviction to document the behavior. In some states an employer cannot even consider a misdemeanor but the airlines will generally see that history during the TSA background check.

Nobody I have ever known who was involved in hiring at any airline would hire somebody who got caught doing this unless the person was about 12 years old at the time.

My advice stands...don't plan on an airline career with this on your record. It will need to be expunged and even that might not keep employers from finding out.

But the good news is that peeping tom behavior is better than threatening/stalking behavior.

Also regionals, especially bottom feeders, are notoriously cheap. But decent major airlines will perform very thorough background checks so something that might slip by a regional would likely still keep you from getting hired at a major. I consider getting stuck at a regional in today's uncertain climate to be a career-ender. What are you going to do when your regional shuts down? Regional lifers are going the way of the dodo bird.