Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 08:24 AM
80ktsClamp
Da Hudge

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Poodle Whisperer

Originally Posted by Ferd149 View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh the N v S headset thingie!! I love it!!

Back pre-merger it was just backwards from what you described. We had the nice Telex sets and just a very small percentage had their own headsets.........mostly guys with real high end noise cancel thingies. Soooooooo the we always complained about the guys who never plugged the ship headset back in. Also, there was no standard place to store the headset so you had to hunt for it.

Now the merger comes along and we get the POS DCs. Yes........EVEN I went out and purchased a headset. Then I would complain about those guys who cant store the DCs.

Come to the Airbus, nice Telex and very few guys use their own (have to buy a $50something adapter) and become "that guy who doesn't plug the ship headset back in"
It's incredibly annoying to reach over for my headset (the ship's telex) and see that the previous toolbag used his own and wrapped up and threw the issued one in the back of the cockpit. Utter a few explitives, climb half way out of my seat to get it and unwrap the cord... Then spend 5 minutes trying to line up that 18 pin connector!

I totally agree on the south DC.... Those are awful! Ain't nobody got time for those!