View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Rezo
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2012
Default Interest in commercial aviation.

Hello!,

Just a bit of background on me. I am a military veteran with a combat tour in Iraq(quiet tour thankfully) and I am also currently a sophmore at a major university working on a degree in computational mathematics.

While I like math I don't think it is something I want to do full-time after I graduate. I have a peaked interest in flying because it looks the job(politics aside) would be enjoyable, it is a technical challenging job, and I love traveling. The closest I have come to flying is a few AFF skydives haha but I have a friend who is a private pilot so I plan on going up with him a few times.

I have read several posts on this website and the sticky post in this section.The money isn't an issue for me because I can probably supplement the low starting salary with a little side work as computational skills are in high demand especially when accompanied with mathematical ones. I also excel in the area of budgeting(my low military salary taught me that!).

Thanks to the GI bill I will come out of college with very little debt as well however, I am a bit worried about flight school costs. Is it hard to secure a loan? I have basically no credit history as I never use a credit card or have current loans. Also based on the description of myself do you think it is something I should look into further?

I know that is a bit strange to ask but sometimes I can tell if someone will do well in the military or not just based on what they say and their attitude.

sorry for the long read.