View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 06:53 AM
RockyBoy
Doesn't Get Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

Originally Posted by johnso29 View Post
Another thing to consider is Virgin Atlantic has been losing money for quite sometime. Just a few days ago RB announced that VA would begin local service to compete with British Airways. It's quite possible that DAL will be providing a large portion of the international service from the USA to feed the new domestic service by VA.
VA is going to wet lease 3 A319's for the domestic service over there. Not a big operation at this point. They have orders for alot of new widebodies. I know some of those are replacements, but I think they will continue to focus on international flying. The only Delta hubs they currently fly into are NYC and LAX. We gain access to flights from SFO, LAS, MCO, MIA, IAD, BOS, and ORD.

My biggest concern isn't the U.S. to LHR flying, it's what happens to Africa, Asia, and Caribbean flying. We could fly virtually all of our European/Carribean customers on Virgin through LHR and we could see alot of our Asia/Africa customers on Virgin flights also. That's where we lose while we focus on just the LHR to U.S. flights.