Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 07:02 AM
lolwut
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: Doing what you do, for less.

Originally Posted by alarkyokie View Post
This captain/crew deserve special recognition...
Marine double-amputee’s treatment on Delta flight angers other vets
Everyone is quick to always demonize the offending party anytime anything happens to a soldier/vet, but this time I'm going to go ahead and side with the airline.

This guy had a 104F fever. He shouldn't have been flying. That probably made the experience 10x worse for him and everyone else involved.

His main complaint was that he had to ride in a wheel chair to the back of the plane in front of all the other passengers. We all know that wheelchairs are boarded first, so something happened where it didn't occur in this case. You and I both know that "something" probably was that he didn't show up to the gate on time.

His secondary complaint was that he wasn't moved to first class. Give me a break. What seat did the ticket you bought have printed on it? Its a nice gesture to be offered first class but it shouldn't be expected and shouldn't be complained about when not given. Plus, this was done after doors closed. Little hard to move a double amputee with dignity from one end of the plane to the other... again... without support from ground crew.

I'm thankful for this man's service to our country, but in this circumstance... Delta isn't the evil-doer they're being made out to be.