Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 07:58 AM
HIFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: 777 Captain in Training

Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
I'm "throwing him under the bus" because... when you look at this from the point of view of someone who understands how these things work, it doesn't look like the airline did anything wrong. Its always a tough situation when there is a disabled passenger and the airline and crews do their best. Airliners just aren't designed to be easy in this regard.

What we do have is someone who is flying with a fever at a level where he should've been in an ER, not an airplane. Everyone knows that when you're that sick... even the most minor discomfort seems like hell. And then he proceeded to complain about what is industry accepted practice for airlines and that he wasn't given a first class seat. And then we all find out about it in an article that is 1/10th about the actual event and 9/10ths meant to stir emotion.
Since I am a Widebody Airline Captain I think I have a good grasp on what happens. I did not read he complained about a free upgrade but he was offered a seat by others. This was not just some disabled person he was DISABLED protecting the freedoms we as Americans enjoy and deserves better.