View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 02:33 AM
What
Underpaid...

Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: French-Canadian

Originally Posted by 2StgTurbine View Post
To me, all the numbers look similar. I see the $5000 bonus as a plus and wish I had it. First year pay sucks (It sucks even more the second time). I know if I had an extra $5000 I would actually make it through my first year instead of taking on debt and using my second year raise to pay it off. By the end of year 1 at ExpressJet, I will be about $3,500 in the hole. When I get my second year pay I will have to use that raise to payoff the bills I incurred over this last year. So, since it looks like over a 5 year period ExpressJet only pays $3,000 more, I would rather have that money now when I really need it versus 5 years from now. But you know, I am paying my dues (I don’t know why pilots took that phrase literally).
Even with the 5k bonus first year pay will be less at republic, and is all downhill from there!
As far as Eagle, with the new contract that has concessions the 5k dollars would make it less that SKW as well since we have pay freezes. Also if we are to trade larger RJs for smaller ones at Eagle we would be operating them for the pay of the smaller anyway, so that would be a loss. Just things to consider!

Last edited by What; 12-16-2012 at 03:14 AM.