View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 10:10 AM
lloriguer
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2012

I did something similar.

I flew for 17 years in a european 737 airline until its bankruptcy (11 as captain). During the last years I was sort of "burned out" with airline flying and not having my own life. Then I started and finished the type rating course for another airplane in another airline, but didn't get to fly because another bankruptcy. So I decided to start studying for something different. After two months I found a captain job on a 737, so I was studying and flying at the same time. And when the moment came I quit flying and started the new job. Now, after three years, a year and a half flying a GA aircraft for fun and some part time airline flying to stay current, I have recovered my passion for flying and I read everything I can about aviation, something I did not do for years... And I have decided that I want to go back to flying professionally. Not at the airlines though, but to corporate or private aviation. Something I always wanted to do. Looks like it's not easy to get to that market in Europe even with 13000+ hours, but I want to try because I am sure I will be happy there.