View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 01:31 PM
xjtguy
Banned

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by HeavyHauler View Post
I totally agree with what chip1 said, that it reflects my interview as well. Saying, "I wanna' fly a whale" probably won't sound quite as impressive as if you can act like you've done some homework on the company and show that you understand what Atlas is really all about, and what they are doing to secure their place in the market for the long haul.

Listen to what captainv says, we all go to a big airline hoping that if things work out, we'll retire there. It doesn't always happen, and understanding the markets will help immeasurably in planning for your long haul.
True, or put another way, emphasize that the way Atlas management runs their company with diversified business that promotes growth. It makes it a company that's doing something your current employer ISN'T doing (if applicable) and is reason you want to work there. In the process, it offers you something you like in an employer.

Helping the HR folks do just like they say they are interview brief. Not only ensuring that you're a good fit for Atlas, but that Atlas will be a good fit FOR YOU.

Example; Taking a risk and getting a passenger config 747/spooling up an FA training program to secure the SONAIR contract. And in the process, carry people. That after a year allowed allowed them to not only fly cargo for the DOD, but now troops as well. With MORE passenger configured 747's. Brilliant!!!!!!

Boom, see how easy that was?