Old 12-17-2012, 03:38 PM
SuperConductor
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by KC10 FATboy View Post
There are people who die trying to get to this country (legal and illegally) for its opportunities and you refer to them as slavery! Could you be anymore spoiled?
Could you be any more out of touch? Those people who would "die" to get into this country are mostly Mexicans or Haitians who, if they don't, will probably get killed in the drug wars back home. I can't think of ANY people from France, England, Germany, Canada, or any myriad of other Western civilized countries that are "risking death" to get to the USA. Cut the 1960's Cuban floatilla rhetoric and come to terms with the fact that this country ain't what it used to be. Sober yourself. Poverty in the USA is at a higher level than it's been since 1964.

I have SO MUCH education to dish to you my friend. First. All this....

First, student loans can be discharged but you have to prove that paying the debt will impose undue hardship to you and/or your dependents. This is not easily done because when it comes to student loans, they are several different payment options to help you pay them back. Also, student loans can be put into forbearance and deferment. And in 2007, they started the Student Loan Forgiveness program (don't get me started on that). So you can't afford $25/month? $100/month? I had student loans and at one time in my life I used one of the above payment options to help me through a bad financial time. I am speaking from having been there.
....only applies to The good ol' days when people actually DID risk their lives to get into the USA who weren't threatened with certain death unless they did. Since the passage of the laws privatizing student loans in the 1990's the game has changed.

Moe Tkacik: Student Debt

Second, think twice before you jump to conclusions and file bankruptcy, Ch7 or Ch13. Thankfully, it isn't as easy to file anymore. You ruin your credit for up to ten years which could impact buying a home, renting an apartment etc.etc. It could take up to five years to complete the bankruptcy process. You may lose your car and other possessions. Lastly, many companies do background checks and a recent bankruptcy filing is a huge red flag.
Noted. Thank you.

You are owed nothing. Stop this entitlement mentality. You are the type of person that is bringing this country to its knees.
We are owed "nothing"?? Hello? We are owed our Constitutional rights! You seem to think that human beings with beating hearts (Not some contrived notion that somehow corporations are people) are costing America its doom. Turn around and look at the sense of entitlement that actually IS. Corporate entitlement. That which VASTLY outweighs social service programs. In 2009 corporate welfare cost American Tax Payers $92 billion. That same years, social welfare, $52. Here's that link.

Welfare Statistics: Government Spends More on Corporate Welfare Than..

The problem with corporate welfare is so bad that even the conservatively biased Forbes Magazine ran an article titled,

Where to Cut the Federal Budget? Start by Killing Corporate Welfare - Forbes

So if you feel like tooting the horn of "You are owed nothing", toot it in the right direction, or forever be considered a friend to the Rent Seeking.

Rent-seeking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I suggest Dave Ramsey Homepage - daveramsey.com or some other financial counselor before you go filing.
I suggest you step out of the 80's and get with the times. In order to redistribute the wealth of the majority into the hands of the minority, corporations have made what was once illegal, legal.

This thread is about helping hard working pilots, not protecting people who claim to be hard working and in the process extract the nations wealth into ever deepening pockets.