View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 07:11 PM
FlyJB

I cant speak for everyone but i can tell you what i experienced so far.

I started submitting resumes at 1700 hours with 100 multi. i didnt really get many bites until my times crept up to about 1890TT/190ME. I was flying a lot so that didnt take too long.

Got offered three jobs within 3 1/2 - 4 months. My lowest time for the first interview was bout 1990ish with 190ME and highest was around 2050 / 195 for the later interviews.

That being said... my interview groups ranged in experience between 650 total time and 5,000 total time, as far as i know everyone in all of my groups were offered a spot.

http://www.willflyforfood.cc/ is a good web page for interview gouges and airline pay scales. average seems to be 20 - 25 per hour for a new hire F/O with guaranteed monthly hours running between 65 - 75 hours. Do the math. also airlineapps.com is a good place to send resumes to airlines you choose to target.

the number of hours you get depends on the company, most new hired get reserve; some guys i know fly their butts off on reserve, others might get 20 hours a month.

Hope this all helps, good luck