View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 10:13 AM
gardnerjc
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2012

Originally Posted by chrisreedrules View Post
You sort of came in with the wrong demeanor if you were just looking for help and advice. You want advice? You have a turboprop gig lined up... Do that for a couple years and see if you feel the same way you do now about your career. Yes, the views from the office are great. Yes, the places you see and the people you meet can stay with you for a life time. But make no mistake, this is a job. You still have a boss, and he most likely has a boss. And there are standards that are to be maintained. I just got done working 3 14 hour days in a row. By the last few hours of a long day, you just want to go home... Trust me.
You're right, maybe came off a little strong, over eager. And you couldn't be more right about the perspective of the job and career. It will be tough, guess I'm just ready for a challenge and job where I can derive at least some satisfaction, and maybe an once of excitement once in a blue moon. Definitely, respect what you guys are saying and will take it to heart. Appreciate very much the time you spend responding to my craziness!