Old 12-18-2012, 01:07 PM
SuperConductor
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by Grumble View Post

Your student loans are backed (and often times funded) by the gov't, which means if you try to discharge them in BK, the taxpayers are left holding the bag.
According to this,

S 1450 - Air Transportation Safety and System Stabilization Act - Key Vote - Project Vote Smart

...the airlines are inexorably bound to tax payers, whether they are "regulated" or not.

Was this an "unforeseen event" which lead to $5 billion in federal grants, $10 billion in loans and creation of the TSA, a $1.2 billion dollar a year endeavor? Sometimes the support of the government is a private or civil mater. Well, I'm pretty certain the destruction of this occupation, as outlined by Cap't Chesley Sullenberger wasn't exactly anticipated either. And this isn't a request for special treatment. It's a demand, once made, for Equal Treatment under the Constitution.

HSLD - In comparing this to the dichotomy of airlines making poor, or even not so poor decisions, and being able to escape their obligations through bankruptcy, and the same right not afforded to students, I'm simply bringing forward a universal example closest to all of our lives in the interest of the readers and participants being able to identify with the argument.

But yes, I'll move away from that analogy to a more obscure one if the Co-Founder should so like. But, if it's just to keep "management" away from being on the defensive, which is most likely not your intent, I'd have to wonder, who runs this site?? I mean. I noticed it's perfectly fine for the user "Jungle" to attack unions,

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/un...-up-crazy.html

but the moment anything less than friendly is said about management, it's grounds to "stop talking about it"?